Saturday, April 19, 2014

Road III

When I shook the journalist to wake him he swung at me. I stepped back and he jumped up. He grabbed me and tackled me to the ground. He screamed in my face. Spit sprinkled my forehead. I grabbed his arms and pushed him off. I got up and kicked him to the ground. He screamed like some rabid creature. His face was cherry red and he kept squinting his eyes, studying me as he screamed.

"GET OFF OF ME!! I CAN SEE YOU!! I CAN SEE YOU-"

I covered his mouth. The professor approached from behind. 

"What's wrong with him?"

I shook my head.

"Nothing. It's the realm. It's taken control over him. He'll be fine. Give him five minutes."

The professor seemed unsure, but then he nodded and stepped off of the road. I kept the journalist pinned. About three minutes later, he began to calm down. His eyes cleared up. I held him for two more minutes to make sure. He was alright.

"I'm alright now, off, off!"

I let go and he pushed me away. He got up off the ground and cracks his neck. 

"Let's go, I'm sick of this goddamn ro-"

The dirt below us became concrete. We were no longer on some lone dirt road in the wilderness, but on a highway in the middle of a desert wasteland. 

The professor laughed.


"It at least has a great sense of humor, huh?"

No comments:

Post a Comment