Sunday, April 20, 2014

Alleyway

We reached a point where we saw a large sign in the middle of the main street, reading "STREET CLOSED." I knew that that path was no longer a viable option.

"Come. We cannot go this way. We must detour."

An alley, of which I was unsure of it existing before my observation, was to our right. I led them into it. It was wide and the walls were grimy and covered in graffiti. 

"Ignore the drawings on the wall. They are designed to scare us. Don't let this place have power over you any longer."

They followed close behind. We wandered down the path. At some point, I realized that the alleyway seemed much tighter than it originally was. 

It was getting smaller. And where the hell did the exit go...?

"Run."

They immediately ran beside me as I ran and the alleyway realized that I knew. The rate of its constriction increased. Soon, my companions could not run beside me any longer. Space was precious and time... almost none of that left either. 

We barreled out of the tiny crack left between the two wedges of building and found ourselves at the top of a staircase leading downwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment