Sunday, April 20, 2014

Bus III

The journalist woke up and I covered his mouth so he did not speak. I nodded to the shadows, and commanded him to keep quiet. He nodded and looked down to the floor. He tapped his foot on the ground nervously and I could feel him shake in fear.

The bus shook and vibrated as it made its way through uncharted territory. I fought the urge to look outside, because at this point, I could feel something staring through the windows at us. We were being watched by the city. 

The journalist made the mistake of looking. I had to cover his mouth once again to quiet his gasp. One of the shadows looked right us, but ended up only looking through us, as if it had swore it heard something but in the end it knew it was only daydreaming.

The professor woke up. I repeated myself and assured him into silence. The bus stopped. The shadows emptied out. I realized too late that we should have followed them off of the bus. The door slides shut and the bus heads back to the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment